- Honey Nut Cheerios has embarked on a very fitting cause marketing campaign with #BringBackTheBees which has removed the brand’s bee mascot from its packaging for a limited time as part of a drive to raise awareness about the rapidly declining global bee population.
- Quebec-based creative agency Cossette developed the campaign which features an emotional video showing footage of humans’ intervening to save various forms of wildlife with a choir rendition of Mr.Mister’s ‘Broken Wings’ playing throughout.
- This is a fitting campaign for a brand that is so dependent on the honey that bees make for their product.
- It is also a strategy that will endear customers to the product even more by being a brand that is trying to make a difference and ‘do good’ – an increasing demand that Millenials have of brands that they choose to purchase.
- the campaign URL is http://www.bringbackthebees.ca
Source: Honey Nut Cheerios’ mascot vanishes in cause marketing campaign to save the bees | The Drum